Note: A-SIT offers tools („distributions“) on this server for free and under an open open source licence model. The license has been changed from formerly Apache 2.0 to EU-PL v1.1. This change applies to tools and versions of tools that are published here from August 1st, 2012 onwards
End User License Agreement (from August 1st, 2012)
Copyright 2012 by A-SIT Zentrum für sichere Informationstechnologie – Austria
Licensed under the EUPL, Version 1.1 or – as soon they will be approved by the European Commission – subsequent versions of the EUPL (the “Licence”); You may not use this work except in compliance with the Licence. You may obtain a copy of the Licence at: http://joinup.ec.europa.eu/software/page/eupl
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the Licence is distributed on an “AS IS” basis, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the Licence for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the Licence.
Products offered here may include software developed by third parties and provided under an open source license (www.opensource.org ) or are made available for open source projects. See the NOTICE.txt file delivered with the distribution.
Instructions for Use
A-SIT offers the tools to both public administrations and the private sector. These tools are available for free under an open source license model. An Apache Software Foundation (Version 2.0) style license model is used, see http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.
The following requirements apply:
- The open source license refers only to those modules, where A-SIT is holding the rights.
- Rights of some of the offered tools are held by the Austrian Federal Chancellery http://www.bka.gv.at/ and the tools are offered by A-SIT for download. The Federal Chancellery offers the modules under a similar open source license model. Hence an analogous licensing model is available for these tools.
- Beside basic libraries, which are also offered under free software licenses, some tools are using crypto libraries which rights are held by Stiftung Secure Information and Communication Technologies http://www.sic.st. For those libraries licenses for non-commercial and research purposes with waived license fees exist.
- The licensee needs to take care himself of getting the necessary licenses of any third party modules where A-SIT does not hold the rights.
- The licensee needs to take care himself of operating the tools in his own environment or for any adaptations of the software to his environment.
The offered modules and tools are demonstrators which did not undergo professional test and quality assurance processes of modules used under production conditions. The modules and tools are therefore provided without any guarantees, warranty, or liability.
In case tools which are based on A-SIT work are applied in other systems we ask for an appropriate statement of the original source (e.g. as acknowledgement in your result).
Some tools are not yet available for download for installation in local environments or the source code is not yet provided. In case you are interested in any such tool, please contact email@example.com.