A-SIT was founded in 1999 as a registered nonprofit association and is established as a competence center for IT-Security.
Members (public institutions)
- Federal Ministry of Finance (Bundesministerium für Finanzen, BMF)
- Central bank of the Republic of Austria (Oesterreichische Nationalbank, OeNB) )
- Graz University of Technology (Technische Universität Graz, TU Graz)
- Federal Computing Centre (Bundesrechenzentrum GmbH, BRZ), Membership since May, 2012
From mid 2003 to late 2005, the Styrian Business Promotion Agency (Steirische Wirtschaftsförderung, SFG) was also a member of A-SIT.
- strict neutrality
- free of instructions
- economically independent
- Technical evaluations
- Top-level support for public bodies
- Observing of existing and emerging technologies
- Boosting the IT-Security awareness
The tasks are performed in the headquarter in Vienna and at the technology site in Graz.
For more information on A-SIT please visit the official web site.